Saturday, November 9, 2013

sharing food, toys, and love

We are enjoying life together! Family is something so special, isn't it? I sure do adore my little growing family. As I begin to raise my own children, I can't help but think back to how much I now appreciate my parents, as well as how MUCH joy (I'm assuming!) my parents must have felt as they were raising us through our baby years. Everything seems to make me laugh in delight as I watch my babies learn, try new things, and even get into trouble. Discipline involves my heart first swelling with love for this child who is my own, masking a smile over whatever it is he's done now, and then correcting him. Sometimes, like you can see below, it first involves me taking a photo!

Here is Wesley. It was quiet in the kitchen. You know that feeling you get when it's too quiet? I found him...he had stepped up on a chair to reach high to get the peanutbutter, took the lid off, and was helping himself to the sticky goodness inside with multiple fingers! Licking them off, digging in again... haha!!! 
My dad always got grossed out at things like that. So, dad, you may want to skip over these first few photos. ;)



We had been having problems with our blender all year! The motors kept burning out, we'd take it back to the store, eventually we'd get another one from warranty, only to have that motor burn out, too. (I was only making hummus! nothing to burn a motor out over!) We took the blender to several places around here, but they said it was irreparable. So we gave up and just bought another brand.
This is Joe and I rejoicing over our smoothies!!! Finally!! Yum!!

This is what a trip home from the market looks like!

A paleo-friendly pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup...a thanksgiving continuation since we were too full to enjoy everything on the same day.


These boys are just too cute. They come in and help us finish our leftovers.
You know boys this age...always hungry... haha



For your amusement, here are some pictures and video clips of Wes, Briana, and I playing at an indoor playground. It's not very close to our house, so it's always a treat when we plan to go! Wes loves it!




Since Joe teaches evening classes on M, W, F to bring in a little extra cash, he doesn't get home till 8PM.
Sometimes the kids are already settled (non-nap days!) and sometimes Wes is still getting ready for bed. When this is the case, excitement goes through the roof when Daddy gets home! I really have to try to catch it on film. "Daaaaaaddddyyyyy!!!!" It's so cute. Wes adores Joe.
Here's the kiddos showing Daddy just how MUCH he's loved!


Briana can take selfies!!!



Me and my beautiful children in the back of the tuk tuk. 
Wes was kind of in a bad mood here, though. :)










I've been helping Joe with a conversational English class at the Bible School once/week. These students are so inspiring to me! I've been enjoying to know them better!

Wes has been talking about train sets ever since he fell in love with the one at Grandma Martin's house!! There was one at a friend's house here that Wes played with once, but that family went home on furlough and Wes would ask almost daily to go to their house to play with the train. Every time he got into a tuk tuk he thought we should go to their house to play train! 
Auntie Ruoya saved the day!
She had a train set sent to us from the Singapore IKEA. OH.MY.GOODNESS. Wes LOVES it!!!
He now sleeps with his train and plays with it all the time!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH, RUOYA!!!





Our neighbour boys are SO gentle with Briana! She loves the attention, and they love giving it! They'll put toys in her hand, or make funny faces to make her laugh, or jiggle her bed to put her to sleep. They even protect her from Wes!! haha
Love these kids!



The boys thought Briana needed something to play with. haha, so cute!


Wesley found the extra monkey that I had bought in case we were ever faced with the dreadful day when his original went missing. Now he carries two around saying, "Two Buddies! Two Buddies!!" 
Life just got better! :D

The boys making a tent with Wes







If Joey ever wants to make me HAPPY, he shows up with bubble tea. I've been demonstrating self control with my eating habits lately, though, so I don't allow myself one very often. This was a treat day!! Till Wes stole my milk tea. haha...he's got good taste!



SOSOSOSO thankful for the gorgeous nursing cover that Bek sent to me!
SO much better than trying to balance the blanket. Thanks for seeing that need and jumping in SO FAST to replace it! You are such a blessing, Bek. I love you!! And Briana loves the cover, too. :) <3 br="">

We aren't getting as much rain lately as the rainy season is wrapping up and the dry season is beginning. Our work is going well, and we're excited that we have been accepted to join a mission organization called Into All The World. It's based out of Niagara Falls, ON and enables people who want to support our work here to give financially! They also send out monthly prayer updates and annual updates, etc. So if you're interested in joining their mailing list, just lmk and I'll pass your email on them so you can stay in the IATW loop!

God is GOOD. Thank you for your prayers for us! 

Love, all of us
Joe, Nica, Wes, & Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment