Sunday, November 17, 2013

Photo shoots and Reflections on parenthood


We had an impromptu photo shoot before church 2 weeks ago! We often arrive early since Wes loves to play in the playground and on the soccer field when there's no games going on.
I love how energetic he is and how he just embraces life! He loves to run and play!
He has pretty much eliminated his afternoon nap times, so on a Sunday he consistently falls asleep in the tuk tuk on the way home from church (around 6 PM) and we can't wake him up! We just carry him up to bed and he's out till morning. This is how he embraces life: play hard; sleep hard.





What is this kid going to be like when he's a teenager?
He's already doing the 14-year-old-boy trick of opening up the fridge and just looking into it. 
Really! He just opens the door and stands there. looking. for food. something to grab. which he often does. 
Today he had a sandwich, rice, two yogurts, and an apple and he still was standing at the fridge, door open, looking for more food. He's so great. haha


I love watching Wes love on his baby sister. 
He'll often tickle her toes to make her laugh or give her a big kiss on her head.

I now refer to Briana as my little teenager. 
I'm having a hard time getting her to bed before 11 PM (often closer to midnight!) and she won't fully awake until 10 AM. Even if I wake her up earlier in the day to try to get her on a different schedule she won't really wake up until after 10. A taste of her personality? Perhaps! We'll see!






Gramma & Papa Eby gave the kids these shirts this summer around Canada Day!
It took Briana a little while to fit into it, but she sure does now! Little baby is growing too fast!

I love my kids! :)






Wes can take selfies!! :D 


I love getting to know my children and guiding them, teaching them, giving them what they need. 
I can't help but wonder what the coming years will bring. What will they be good at and gifted in? What will they hate and we get to teach them disciplines? Where will they struggle? I love finding what makes them laugh hysterically. I love drying their tears. I love that Joey & I can be the ones they run to or cry out for and nobody else can help them like we can. We pray for wisdom daily that we will be the Christ-centered parents that these little ones need to guide them in truth as they develop and discover and learn and grow into the plan that GOD has especially for them!! So blessed that Joey & I get the front row seats to see what that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment