Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

One of my favorite times of the year! This is always such a wonderful time to reflect and rejoice with family on all that God has done in the past year. Since it's the Canadian thanksgiving, Nica was thrilled to "celebrate" with her family via Skype! We each shared something with each other that the others didn't know yet, something we were thankful for, and a prayer request. The result was over 2 hours of Skype time! What a special way to connect with family even though we are scattered. 

Here is a screen shot of our family!
Cambodia, Saskatchewan, Florida, and Ontario...mom & dad, 5 kids, 3 in-laws, and 6.5 grandbabies...we were all represented.
Love you all!


Usually Thanksgiving also makes me realize how quickly the year is slipping away, so it's a time to re-evaluate on how I can finish off the year strong!
This year, since I just had a baby, I have been trying to get back into shape. It is definitely more of an effort for me than it ever was before I started having children! This time I thought I'd try a more strict diet, although one that is still okay to breastfeed on. In my research I came across "Whole 30" which is like a more strict version of the "Paleo Diet" and a challenge to eat whole foods for 30 days.We did this for the month of September and felt so good that we decided to do October, too! (with a little break while Ruoya was here)

So, when Thanksgiving came along, I had to decide if I was going to take a break from our "diet" or get creative. We together decided to get creative with our thanksgiving dinner this year. Joe is such a sport and is also enjoying our new diet plan! 

Here is our yummy thanksgiving dinner, Paleo style! haha



Curious how I made stuffing without any bread? And sweet potato casserole without any brown sugar or butter? Or mashed potatoes without potatoes? Or deviled eggs without mayo? 
Don't turn up your nose! It was all absolutely DELICIOUS! We gobbled up every bite.
And thanks to other people sharing their ideas online, I didn't even have to do much research. 
Here are some of the recipes that I followed in case you want to give it a try for the upcoming American Thanksgiving! :)


Next week my friend/sister Dee is coming to visit us from Singapore! We are SO excited to have her! Her husband Geo isn't able to come along due to work, but he found a rain cover for us to use for Briana's stroller! THANK YOU!!!


So, happy Canadian Thanksgiving from our family to yours!!
 

Joe, Nica, Wes, & Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment