Sunday, March 8, 2009

Introducing...my new home!

I am now at my new apartment! Internet was hooked up last Monday, the new washing machine delivered on Tuesday, the refrigerator on Wednesday, the armchair on Saturday, and today (Sunday) when I got home from church, the wardrobe had arrived! (just made! I'm going to sleep on the couch tonight because the smell is so strong still from the varnish! ha)

I am SO blessed! It is so fun to prepare our future home!

Me shopping. haha...Joe's life will never be the same... ;)


It felt like Christmas when I got to unwrap my brand-new, stainless steel, beautiful, too-big-for-my-kitchen fridge!






Here is my handy-man hanging up my curtains! (wow, it's nice to have a guy around!!!) :)

(If you've EVER gone curtain-shopping with me, and chances are you have b/c I've gone SOOO many times!!!, you'll know HOW indecisive I can be! Curtains are SUCH a statement in a room...they have to compliment, not dominate. Such a challenge! Joe was SOOO PATIENT with me!)

What my room currently looks like:



And my bathroom, after hanging shower curtains, mats, trash can, and pretty flowers on the window sill:
(at home I had these flowers in four vases in a row on my kitchen window sill...but since my vases are still in Ontario, these substitutes will have to do for now! ;)


I'm still thinking about curtains for the living room...and a carpet. Any suggestions? It's still a work in progress, but I'm loving it!


And our wonderful kitchen table! I looove it! (also expands, so we have room for company! hint, hint! ;)

The view from the dining room into the living room:


Joe and I celebrating furniture with Papa John himself! :D
(our first meal together in our future home) ;)


So this is where I live! (in its current state. ;) Can't wait to show it to you in person! :D
Nica

2 comments: