Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day--the way it should be

Valentine's Day...also known as National Single Awareness Day (at least for me, it was!)... usually was always a special time of year for me as I celebrate all the amazing ways the Lord has demonstrated His love towards me. This Valentine's Day was no different in that way...except I was able to feel His love THROUGH someone! My amazing gift. My Joey. My Valentine.
Wow, I am SO LUCKY to have him!!!
What do you give someone who means the world to you? Nothing in this world quite seems suitable. But, since flowers and beautiful dinners are the tradition, I hunted all over for guy-ish flowers (why not? :)) and had a nice brunch made for him when he came back from teaching.
He also surprised me with an incredible arrangement of roses. (Daddy...he's doing his job SO well. ;) You have set the bar for him...I'll never forget how you sent flowers to me every year on Valentine's Day, no matter where I was in the world. I love you!)
For dinner that evening Joe found an inCREDible Mediterranian restaurant (Casa 13) that was set back apart from the rest of the busy city, in a beautiful old house that was renovated into a VERY elegant restaurant. THIS is what Valentine's Day night is supposed to be like! :) Joey's making it WELL worth the wait. :D
By the end of Valentine's Day, my heart was SO full, I owned more roses than I ever had at one time, I had a beautiful box of chocolates with my name on it, and the most amazing guy that just loves treating ME like a queen. How do I ever start to count my blessings this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment