Sunday, March 11, 2012

February, 2012...a Wesley Update!

When we returned from Ontario, I thought  time to take down our Christmas tree. It was a good project for Wesley and I to do in the middle of the night while we were up with jetlag! 
He was playing with the ribbon and got all tangled in it. I thought it was so cute!! haha

I can't believe how many new things he's learned SO fast within this past month!
9 months has definitely been his biggest month of "firsts" 
I'm always amazed at how all of a sudden he can just DO something! I'm always amazed by this little baby of ours. Such a miracle!

Here he is, standing up in his crib...much to mommy's surprise! 
Now, of course, he is ALWAYS standing up in his crib. But I had to take a photo of the first time I saw him. He just looked so proud of himself!

He didn't start crawling till closer to the end of February, but he did an excellent "tummy shuffle" or "army crawl" as we called it! He always found a way to get to a place where he could stand up. He always wants to stand!

I love the fact that he found my pots and pans!!! 
He sure can make a noise! I really should video that sometime. haha


Here he is surprising Linda, our ayi, by pulling himself up to her. 
He's really getting around these days!

He has a fascination with the washing machine. lol!


He loves constant attention and knows that all he has to do is find his way to Linda and she'll give him all the hugs he wants. We all love Linda!



Wesley got invited to Stepan's 1st birthday party!!!
These boys are so precious together!
I met Eva, Stepan's mom, outside "our" mall when Wes was just a few weeks old! We've had fun watching our little babies grow up together!


Happy Birthday, Stepan! Wes' party is just a few months away!! :)

Another skill Wes all of a sudden decided to do was walk along furniture.
I know all babies learn to do this, but it's just AMAZING to see your own!!  
He's just so precious! I love this kid.
Here is Wesley, just turned 9 months old, showing off his new side-step!

Unfortunately his increasing skills and new-found sense of adventure also gives him more tumbles and bumps. He's a real trouper, though!



Happy Valentine's Day to us!!!
I made Joey's favorite Indian dishes, and I was treated to beautiful roses, chocolates, and the most precious card. I love celebrating every day with my amazing husband, but enjoy Valentine's Day when we can find extra ways to spoil each other. I am SO lucky!




Now that Wes can pull himself up to things, he's CONSTANTLY opening doors, getting into cupboards, pinching fingers, pulling things off of shelves, and getting into all kinds of mischief! He wants to participate in everything that we do, so it's sometimes a challenge to keep him distracted and entertaining himself!


He is always very intent at removing the roll of wrapping paper I've crammed between the handles so the drawers stay shut. He's such a clever fellow. He can do it, too!


here is his face when we say, "no, Wesley."
He sure does understand! haha


When we were in Ontario, Wesley got to sit up at the table with the rest of us in his cousin's booster seat. He did so well with it, that I found and ordered the same chair on Taobao. Wes loves it! He now eats every meal with us at the table!













Here we are at auntie Janelle's birthday party!
Caroline's baby, Violet, and Wes had fun playing "together"!

long-time crazy dudes: Joey, Allegri, and RJ

Caroline and Wes

Janelle is such a sweet friend of mine! 
Great times!!! Happy Birthday, Janelle!!! :D




Joey and I were in the living room together when, all of a sudden, Wes started crawling! Just like that, the tummy shuffle was gone! He is such a delight to us...we love to watch him learn new things!

Wesley learned to crawl today! February 25, 2012 --9 1/2 months
We thought he'd be walking before he was crawling, but he proved us wrong. ;)



I just love watching him play...



Wes loves his teddy bear. He always needs either his teddy, his monkey, or his frog in his hand at all times. He holds onto his stuffed animals with an iron grip. He cries when I make him let it go so he can take a bath. He doesn't want to let it go when I put on his shirt or his coat. He sleeps with his toy and wakes up with his toy, eats with his toy, and crawls with his toy. SO cute!



 So, for the grandmas and aunties who want to see Wes learn how to walk, we will try to capture it for you. He is learning so fast! These videos were all taken in just a few days. Most of them in one day. Amazing!

I think he's still got a ways to go, since his balance still has lots of room for improvement, but look at how fast he improves in this "mini-series" I've recorded for you! ;)
Hope you enjoy.

Wes learning how to walk series: Part 1:

Part 2:



Part 3:




Part 4:




Part 5:



Part 6:



Part 7:



(sniffle) My little baby's growing up...

So, we're back to Skype. I know these videos aren't the same, but I hope they help.



Wes just turned 10 months old, so we're already starting to think about his 1st birthday party. 
You're all invited!! Come and visit!! :D



hugs, J, N, & W


No comments:

Post a Comment