Sunday, April 26, 2009

a Bridal Shower in China!

I was so surprised when a friend, Lizzy, offered to plan me a shower while I was still in China! I had just met most of these people, but they were wanted to come to celebrate my upcoming marriage! There is truly a very high, amazing quality of people here.

When Lizzy said she didn't have time to actually plan the shower until I got back in August, I was disappointed, but understood.

The day my shower was supposed to be I was curled up in a ball on the couch extremely sick, anyway, thinking that it's a good thing that I didn't have a shower that day!

That was when I found out that there really WAS a shower that day...a surprise shower! And a group of people was waiting for me at a restaurant to double as a farewell party!!! I MISSED MY FIRST BRIDAL SHOWER!!!! :(

Here is a pic of the girls that met for my shower WITHOUT me that day!

Front to back on left: Patricia, Andrea, Christine, Sarah
Front to back on right: Gaby, Nicoleen, Lizzy, Natasha


You can imagine how disappointed I was when I found out that a group of amazing gals were waiting for me for dinner and I COULDN"T BE THERE!

A few days later, though, we re-created the experience (I missed you, Sarah, Gaby, and Lizzy! but thanks for coming to the first one!) I was feeling better and we had a GREAT time!!!

Here is me telling the story of how Joe and I met.











And some of the great gals that were there! Fun times! :)

Michelle



Daphne


Nicoleen


Andrea


Patricia


Christine



I had to do Listiane's makeup--blindfolded!!! Poor girl!




Most of the pictures were taken with me IN my wedding dress! Those have been edited to save for the big day. July 11th! Woot!


Joe had gone out with the guys, and came back later to see what damage had been done.

My incredible fiance and almost-groom!!!!! Wow.

L-R: Andreas, Paul, Percival, Joe


Percival jumping in on the action at the end. haha


Thanks for so many great memories that night! You are all making the move over here soooo much fun! See you in August!!














No comments:

Post a Comment