Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving for us was a pretty "normal" day. Joe & I taught at the Bible School and Joe also taught at the Korean School. When we came home we enjoyed a quiet little thanksgiving dinner as a family. A little different cuisine than our Canadian thanksgiving...this time we went more traditional. SO delicious! We are so lucky to get to celebrate thanksgiving twice!

As you can see, Wesley wasn't exactly a fan of sitting down for dinner. He is really struggling with making it through a whole day without a nap.
He is good at crashing around 5 or 6 PM.
If he doesn't sleep, he's melt-down-city around dinner time.
If he does sleep, he'll wake up around 10 PM and be ready to play.
This is life with a two-year-old. :D


Here is Wesley testing out the pie! 
Although he didn't prefer pumpkin pie, he has been going to TOWN on the pumpkin muffins that I made! He calls them cake. "More cake!" He asks me for another one, then Joe for another one, and before we realize it, he's eaten 3. Yep! This is why he is growing so much! 
 

Our thanksgiving dinner: our favorite dishes! We didn't spend the money on a whole turkey, but chicken is yummy, too! Dressing, candied sweet potatoes, grated carrots with onions & browned butter, gravy, and of course, pumpkin pie. We left out the cranberries--since they're harder to find here and we're not big fans of them anyway, mashed potatoes--although they're yummy they make us feel bleh, and fresh dinner rolls--because, well, just because. Let's keep it realistic for this working mama! ;) Looking at these pictures makes me want to make another meal like this! SO yummy.

Here is my amazing husband about to dig into his pumpkin pie.
I have to say, this was one of the BEST pumpkin pies I've EVER made! 
I couldn't find evaporated milk, so replaced that with sweetened condensed milk (which is found in abundance here!) and then just left out the sugar. It was AMAZING. As is everything with scm. Am I right?

Yes, I fell for more than his hot looks. He still has the touch and knows how to win me over--and over and over! Look at this...he still spoils me with roses! And did you know he's made breakfast for me EVERY MORNING since our return from North America? Scrambled eggs with loads of veggies are waiting for me every morning when I come downstairs. He knows Briana likes the later hours of the night, plus I get up with her so often throughout the night, so he just lets me sleep as long as I can and he takes care of our early-riser two y/o and I wake up to the smell of yummy food. Every morning. I love how he is so selfless is giving of himself for his family and makes every day special for me and the kids. 
Can you tell what my heart is bursting for thankfulness for? 
I love you, Joey.

No comments:

Post a Comment