Wednesday, January 28, 2009

4 months ago I said YES!!!

Joe planned a surprise for me today. The most annoying part about it was he WOULDN"T TELL ME!!! And you know how I am with secrets. How am I supposed to sleep at night??? >grin<

The truth is...I love it when he does that. I love it when he keeps me guessing, and I love the anticipation. He drops these hints that completely throws me off. Like when he told me he was coming over to make dinner tonight. I though the surprise WAS dinner! And when he told me he picked up tickets. Tickets for WHAT?

Of course when we had to dress up a little to go out, and he gave me roses, and the evening didn't start till 7:30 PM, I knew it was going to be good.




Jazz. The key to my heart. Of course he knows that. ;)






But I am really finding that every day life is that much better with him in it. Even cooking. We've had fun making and enjoying meals together the last several nights, just going for walks when I'm done work (to get me out of the house!), and imagining what our life will be like together once we're married.

Look at him...wow, am I lucky.



I went grocery shopping by MYSELF yesterday...just so you know. There's a big mall right across from my apartment, like HUGE, so I had fun trying to find the grocery store, wandering around trying to find something familiar to buy to make for dinner, FIGHTING over carrots (crowds are SO packed in there!) and then leaving my hard-earned carrots behind at the checkout when I realized I needed someone to weigh and price them for me in the vegetable department...they don't do it for you at the checkout like they do at home. So many little things to learn! So many adventures along the way! But, Joe liked my cooking so we're on our way to a successful marriage! haha


I took this picture this morning from my window. It's the view from the apartment where I'm living now. I see this every day as I work. All kinds of Chinese New Year music comes from this park every day that I get to learn to appreciate. Just think...somewhere in this city is our first home! I just love it! So much to look forward to in this great big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment